Sunday 22 February 2015

Sneeuwstorm - Rutger Zuydervelt


'Sneeuwstorm' is a new album by electronic/ambient composer Rutger Zuydervelt (Machinefabriek). The album comprises of one track which was made incorporating improvised saxophone sounds recorded especially for this project by Otto Kokke and myself.

Rutger writes: "I started with Sneeuwstorm by making an electronic 'framework' for the saxophones, mainly using recordings from electrical equipment, made with coil pick-ups. Then I asked two of my favorite saxophonists, Colin Webster and Otto Kokke, to improvise on the material.
Once I received Colin and Otto's contributions, things began to fall into place rapidly. As expected, they came up with something splendid. It inspired me again to morph the whole composition into something new, restructuring, processing and looping parts of Colin's and Otto's recordings, and adding more sounds of my own, such as field recordings, samples and electric guitar."


'Sneeuwstorm' is available on CD and download from Glistening Examples.

1 comment: